if the headliight covers stop goingup but the lghts work . can this be over ridden

Asked by May 08, 2010 at 04:00 PM about the 1991 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue

my light covers just  quit going up can anyone help me

25

in behind the head light should be a knob you have to turn by hand they will always be oprn

10

Repair the motor: Pop off the grille, remove the motor, disassemble it, clean out all the crushed dogs bits, then install three teflon tubes 3/8 in. diam. and 3/8 in. long. reassemble the motor. Install motor and adjust to allow the lamp doors to operate properly. I think once see the inside of the motor, that, you will be able to handle the job. I found the dogs, I used, at a hardware store, costing around $1.50.