Head light repair, all other lights work except the headlights.

Asked by Jul 16, 2014 at 08:57 PM about the 1989 Chrysler New Yorker Base

I  opened the headlight window doors and they stay open with the headlight still not
working. unable to find corresponding fuse panel for high beams only found panel with low
beam fuse and no window motor fuse at all.   Can you help or direct me for guidance?

I would check the owners manual first to see if it labels the fuses. Usually this fuse box is under the hood. It could be a relay the is not working. Either way I would get a voltmeter and turn on the high beams and check for a 12 volt line. Probe the line in different spots to check for a broken wire. Try to find a diagram online for your car and look for the headlight circuit. Trace the circuit and you should be able to find the problem. These kinds of problems can be very difficult with out the right equipment and very time consuming. Best of luck Just as a side note depending on the car it could be using a CAN system and not getting a signal to the cars computer. Could also be as simple as a bad switch.