Can I use a universal proportional valve to replace the failing original part in a 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Salon?

Asked by Michael Apr 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM about the 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Salon

Apparently, it's difficult to find a replacement part for this year/make/model of Chrysler, and my other option appears to be hoping I get lucky finding one from a junked auto. However, I did a parts search online using the 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Salon as a parameter and I got back results that included a universal proportional valve.

160,215

Nothing wrong with a universal valve if it fits and works.

273,335

Is you car equipped with rear antilock brakes? If it is you will need to know what the front to rear braking ratio is for the universal valve assembly and compare it to the factory ratio. If the ratio's are the same then it should work but you may have to modify line fittings.