I removed a 4'' bolt by the camshaft synchronizer on a 4.0 engine and cranked the truck. I later put the bolt back and now I have no oil pressure, what did I do and what can I do to fix it?

Asked by Jun 04, 2016 at 05:23 PM about the 1992 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab SB

not sure which bolt...but align it and put it in again~

Maybe this can help a bit

I have more

yes....thank you...it is the alignment of the "intermediate shaft" as pointed out in that diagram...note the engagemement...take it all apart into pieces and show yourself HOW they all fit together...we cannot go on faith with a puzzle such as this....educate yourself...only ONE way it can go together correctly...I have confidence that since you've taken it apart....it will be simple for you to assemble as well~

I will do that the best I can, thank you for the help!

my gm oil pump has a spur gear and offset shaft..this geometry is NEW to me, I must confess, but the pump is a set of gears fed by the suction..now this has a spring limiter...so it does not have too much pressure...now if they sell you a Heavy Duty oil pump do not buy that...you'll have oil leaks...so the spur gear engages the cam shaft only one way on the GM...the intermediate shaft has to have a flat or way that the rotation can get to the gears that do the pumping...so the missing piece can be inserted incorrectly so the pump gears are not turning..that's what happened~