Could it be something besides the motor causing both windows to be dead at one time?

Asked by Jun 17, 2015 at 07:16 PM about the 1993 Ford Thunderbird LX

I have a '93 T-Bird. Neither window will open. There is no sound from either motor. The fuses are good. I don't know if they went at the same time. I've only had the car a few months, but have not been able to figure it out. (Not very mechanical) It's like a sauna with the windows!

Did either window work at one time and if they did would they go up or down real slow before stopping working completely ?

Neither window has worked since I got the car.

Check for juce at left door switch,if no juce look for broken wire between door & POST.

Remove window switches from door panel on drivers side next you need a test light make sure test light is working before testing switches. Touch test light to one of the two wires going to drivers side window switch then click switch to window up or down if light lights up put test light on other wire and click the other way if light lights up power is going to and from switch test each window switch the same way if they all light up you will have remove door panel and check window motor for power check same way as switch touch one wire going to motor and click switch both ways if it lights up touch other wire and click switch the other way and if it to lights up you have bad window motors if no power when checking switches you have main power to switches problem. One wire should have power to it all the time that would be your main power if has power to it and your windows still do not work you may have to replace the switch controls if it does not check fuses again and wiring.