93 ford tempo dies when turning corners

Asked by Jan 16, 2013 at 03:09 PM about the 1993 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

my dad got me a 93 ford tempo its my first car and every since i got it it seemed to run just fine but
now its starting to die just out of the blue i took it in twice the first time he changed my spark plugs
the thing there in and a gas filter because it was clogged after that it seemed to run just fine then
again it started to die again same thing while turning corners it seems like its not getting enough gas
for when i slow down so i took it a second time this time he replaced my iac and seemed to run fine
and now its starting to die again if anyone can help that would be great because this is starting to
make me mad and i already just put over $200 into it to still just be guessing what the problem is if
anyone can help or just give some advise that would be great

Don't get angry now, that never helps anything. Deal with it only when you are not. Angry that is. It may have had a lot of sediment in the tank, and you may need yet another filter. Also put some alcohol based water remover in with at least a half a tank. I don't know if that Tempo has an OBD port but if it does, have the codes read.

95,035

1994 should be OBD 1 you will need a Ford tester or adapter for some testers out there. Have the codes read first. There have problems with the inertia switches on Ford products causing fuel delivery problems, check the wiring to it and make sure it is not burned at the connector. Just a thought.

35

Your ignition on your steering counsel could have come loose. Remove the outer part of the plastic cover on your steering column and check the connector harness that goes to the ignition. Ford made a faulty connector that has lead clamps that over time crack and break, thus causing the harness connector to vibrate loose from the ignition. I used a bungie snap cord to hold mine in place and got rid of the corner die offs..you will too.