1994 Ranger Splash 2.3L wont start

Asked by Sep 09, 2016 at 09:17 AM about the 1994 Ford Ranger Splash Standard Cab Stepside SB

I recently purchased a ranger for cheap due to not being able to get it to start.
I thought i could fix the problem but that is not the case. The truck is getting
fuel and has spark, if fed fuel with starter fluid it will attempt to start and even
give you a rough idle for a few seconds. Ive checked all that I have thought to
check and would love any suggestions.

940

So I take it that you have checked fuel pressure ? It should be around 40psi. I gather it has spark because it tries to start with starting fluid. The next thing you need to check for is injector pulse. You can do this with a cheap injector noid light. Unplug an injector and plug the noid light into where the injector plug and crank. It should flash. It it does not their is a whole mess of things that can cause that. It you do not have the 40psi fuel pressure and its "0". You can try the safety round over switch. It is located kind under the carpet on the passages side floor board by the heater box. Their will be a red button on the top. Push it in and it should make a click sound of it has popped. Let me know what you find and I might be able to help more

I have checked fuel pressure and have not checked for injector pulse or the red cap. I will check both out first thing in the morning and report back with my findings.

65

Fuel emergency shut off switch or fuse. or bad fuel pump almost dead. Mine would run a little and die, I was able to bang on the tank and it started working again for the ride home the next day nothing. the ranger is easy to swith the fuel pump if you take 4 bolts out of the bed, disconnect the filler tube and slide it back about a foot, you can then pull the pump with out having to jack the truck up and lay under it. Good luck