Exhaust question!! 3800 v6 motor.

Asked by Jun 06, 2013 at 10:48 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS

Question about exhausts... I have a 3800 V6.  current setup is stock headers->cat
converter->resonator->stock mufflers. I was wondering how a set up such as cat
converter->res.->glasspacks would sound. I know that resonators and glasspacks are
considerably similar in comparison to mufflers, but would it sound good? Would it remove
the drone of v6 straight pipes? haha

crate 400.

What is wrong with a smooth runnin' V6? My neighbor has a R -anger where I can tell he's comin' a block away....he punishes the HELL out of that lil 2.9 motor....and it starts right up like a loyal hound dog...where do you live where people around you would be impressed by the sound of a mighty engine on a sporty car?...aren't you married yet...lil nipper is going to want a mini-van for soccer practice in a few years~

If you've the resources for the changes you're suggesting, may a well buy one that is built to rattle the neighbor's bones while they are tryin' to sleep. My neighbor thinks nothing of repeatedly starting his harley at ungodly hours----just do not like the noisy vehicles...critters don't like it either~

ho ho ho

Glass packs won't give you the sound that your looking for. With glass packs, you'll end up with rasp around 4000 RPM and a drone at cruising speeds. Glass packs are cheap and loud. Try a Flowmaster muffler. Check out the Monte Carlo forums to see what part number other owners are using.

Nah man, I'm only 18. hah & people around here are decently into the racing scene. @tenspeed, I was wondering if the drone would be removed by the resonator? If I replaced the muffs with glasspacks but kept the rest of the set up, I know it'd be louder. I just want that rumble without the drone.

I guess a better question to ask would be what type of sound does the resonator remove? Rasp? drone? rumble? I'm trying to get rid of the drone when I drive.