Monte Carlo Exhaust Question

5

Asked by Sep 30, 2014 at 03:42 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo LS 3.4L V6 and I recently put a dual Magnaflow system on
it. It is not loud enough to meet my requirements and it sucks because I put a lot of
money into it. I think that the guy put the quietest mufflers on that is not stock. I was
wondering if I put a Magnaflow or Flowmaster catalytic converter instead of stock that it
will make a big difference or maybe I should just put different mufflers on it. Any advice
would be appreciated!

262,125

Putting high flow cats on will make it sound different, possible not louder. See if the shop that sold you the magna flows will swap out the old mufflers for new ones. I like flow masters.

5,365

MagnaFlow exhausts are great. They deliver good performance but if you want noise, they are not the right choice. Other manufacturers like Flow Master tend to be noisier if that is what you want.

4,195

You do realize that even with different mufflers, that v6 still won't sound lie a v8? Also, noise does not equal power, it's just noise.

5

Yes. I know that it is a v6. I have a friend that has a Mustang with a 3.8 v6 and he put flowmasters on and it sounds pretty good and is louder. Just because it's a v6 doesn't mean that it can't sound good. Obviously a v8 would sound a lot better but I have a v6

1,595

Try Thrush or Cherrybomb glass pack mufflers. They are loud.

16,465

Your mufflers come in three noise levels. I put the middle on on my Corvette (V-8) and inside the cabin they are quiet, but behind they are loud. Not race track loud, but motorcycle officers don't follow me anyway. As trying to compere your Chevy V-6 with that of a Mustang, don't. Everything is different, including the firing order. Chevy changed the firing order of the newer engines and I noticed they are all a lot more quiet. Stand next to a generation 2 or 3 Corvette and then next to a newer generation 4,5, or 6 Corvette. BIG difference. For better sound, try the low flow cats. Cherry bomb mufflers are almost straight pipes with spark arrestors. Your Chevy never will sound ike a Mustang my friend.