1995 t-bird wont start. Injectors

70

Asked by May 10, 2011 at 06:49 PM about the 1995 Ford Thunderbird LX

Hello all,
I need to fix my car by the end of the week cause its prom..
My t-bird will turn over all day but no attempt to start with out starting fluid or gas in intake. Injectors have like 11.8v going to them My battery dont hold a charge i think thats why its low, I have rpms when turning over, I replaced cam sensor, It has correct psi at fuel rail, I got spark, Replace pcm, and eca, Both did not help. I Even cleaned the ground wire at battery terminal hook ups. Im lost, tiered of spending money i dont have and want to get outa my house, Someboddy pleeeeaaase help.

70

Oh yeah and it has 4.6l in it

bad fuel pump,check ECM fuse,make sure it is not blown.sounds like it needs a alt if battery wont charge or the battery is dead from trying to crank it.

70

Where is the ecm fuse? Is it a black box like 3inx3inx1in? Or is one of your regular fuses? And my batterys mainly dead from cranking. And fuel pump is good i got 43 in fuel rail.

ECM is a regular fuse,but if you here the FP humming,its good (ECM)

this may sound dumb,but check the harmonic balancer for a crack.I got 3 T Bird super coupes,1 would not start,this was the problem.

70

WHAT IS THE FP, AND WHERE IS ECM IS IT LOCATED BEHIND PASSENGER HEADLIGHT IF SO I REPLACED 3 TIMES AND I CAN HEAR IT CLICK.

fuel pump,ecm fuse is in fuse box.

70

What numbers are on the fuse? If you know.

on the cover they are numbered and tell you which is what.

70

Well I replaced and nothing.

as posted above,if you here the FP humming,ecm fuse is good.did u check the HB as posted.

70

yes nothing

do you have fuel at the rail? find the schrader valve on the fuel rail (looks like where you put air in a tire most likely on the passenger side fuel rail.) press it in with a screwdriver while holding a rag over top of it. You want the rag because if there is pressure, it will spray gas.

Pull the vacuum line off the pressure regulator and see if it is wet. Were you checking fuel pressure with the key in the ignition and in the accessory position, or did you test it when it had been sitting for a while?

60

Jacob. Did you ever get your 4.6 running? I sure could use your test results and input. Write me at talktoschmidty@yahoo.com

I have a 95 t-bird and someone stole my car and since then it wont start they messed up the cable from gear shifter to stearing coulum. So what do i do ?