Hello all. I have a 1975 Corvette C3. I took it out several evening age and the headlights raised as usual. However, just last evening I found that my headlights would not raise. After asking around the best guess is that the headlight motor circuit breaker may have blown. I found the fuses but I'm not sure what I'm looking for or what exactly it looks like. Any ideas on how to change it; what it looks like or any ideas? Any help is welcomed. Thanks Pastor Smith

Asked by Feb 14, 2016 at 08:03 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

All details in the questions.

145,255

Your headlight work with a vacuum actuator to open and close. Check vacuum lines and check the vacuum actuators.

32,495

You may have a leak in the lines or a bad hose. Make sure all are connected first. You can push the lights up and they will stay up if you need to drive at night. Also check the hose connection on the light switch. There also should be a remote switch to raise the headlamps located under the steering wheel post where it connects to the dashboard. Make sure the plug is pushed all the way up.

Best Answer Mark helpful
32,495

If you go on line and type C-3 Corvette vacuum lines, you will find a diagram that may help. New hoses are not that expensive and are easy to put new ones on. Just remove one at a time and replace it. If you can play with tinker toys, you can do that.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks all, but what I mean is the car will not start. When I turn the key I get nothing. I checked the battery, it is hot. I'm not worried about the headlights, the car won't start - in fact it says nothing. When I turn the key I get no dash lights or anything. The only thing I can think of is that when the hot cable off the alternator arc'ed I must have blown a fuse or something. Any other ideas? Would a vacuum line cause the car not to do anything when the key is turn to start? Honestly, I don't know ....