what year engine will work in a 1991 crx?

Asked by Aug 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX CRX HF

I have a 1991 honda crx with a 1.5 motor.  I need to replace it...smokes really bad...What is the range of years of motors that will work in my car without having to replace the computer?

35

i would swap a b20 or b16 for a cheap way or a d16z6

15

dohc zc! easy as hell can use the stock mounts and trans

35

depending on what you want to do. if you want power then a zc would be the way to go, cheap, easy, very little modification. but if you just want a motor to throw in and go, look for a d15. as for years 89-91 is a direct swap.

45

Unfortunately, if you don't want to replace the computer, you will need to stick with the stock 89-91 D15 or the ZC (preferably the DOHC version), although you won't really get much power difference in the ZC without the appropriate computer. It also is noticeably thirstier on fuel...

10

I have a 1991 civic. The engine is done. I want to put in a b20, do I have to change out my wire harness or can it go straight in? Can the regular radiator work with the b20 engine also. How mant mount does it take to hold that engine? Will it clear the hood? Please help

have a 91 crx wanting to put a dohc zc motor in but not to sure which zc will work any help