What will cause my engine to cut out every now and the.

Asked by Jun 26, 2013 at 07:30 PM about the 1991 Honda Civic CRX 2 Dr HF Hatchback

I finally got my CRX running but barely.  Tested my starter and it was bad but I just got it a week ago.  Put a new 1 in it and started right up.  Then it would cut out at 2 grand so I changed the plugs and wires.  Ran great, drove it for a while but then every now and then itl cut out just for a sec.  Im thinking it might be my ground cables so I scrubbed on them with a wire brush but still every now and then it will cut out.  Maybe I should get new grounds?  The motor is a swap b18b1 5 speed tranny.

Or maybe it my be dirt in my gas tank. I hit a deer 3 years ago and just now got it driving. It ran good for sitting for 3 years. The reason why I thought it was my ground cables is cause I figured it was shorting out cause of the new starter that went bad. Just way too many wires to pin point it. Cause it is a SWAP motor.

4,225

so its been sitting for 3 years, did you change the oil? could also be your battery.

check your distributor and cap and rotor for wear...mine did this and I changed the distributor,cap and rotor and all has been fine since.