My car acts like it is going to die while driving then will drive smoothly for a few seconds like it got balls. Any ideas?

Asked by Nov 03, 2013 at 02:51 PM

Okay so I'll be driving my car and it will act like its going to die like it has lost its testicles then it will grow a pair and start driving smoothly for about 5 seconds. It will not accelerate well and when I park it and shut it off and go to restart it, it will start then die. It is A 1995 Oldsmobile cutless supreme.

111,155

How long since a good tune up? Sounds like it could be dropping a few cylinders.(missing)

111,155

Is it a daily driver or has it been sitting up a while?

it is drove daily. hasn't had a good tune up since I bought it a few months back.

111,155

I would check the plugs, wires and dist.cap/rotor(if applicable). If old replace them