I have a 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight and it has been acting real sluggish like it doesn't want to go it does fine on the highway but when you stop at a light or stop sign and then go it acts like it doesn't want to go. The spark plugs were changed in it and then it wouldn't start then we got a new battery and it started up then died and nothing works no lights anything. Does anyone know what could be the problem and how we could get it checked out with it not running?

10

Asked by Feb 08, 2014 at 12:23 AM about the 1999 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

The car hasn't wanted to run very good it has been acting real sluggish like after you
stop then you go then it has a hard time wanting to go when out on the highway it does
fine then we changed the spark plugs and then it wouldn't start so we checked the
spark plugs and they were all fine then we had the battery checked and it was all out of
juice so we got a new battery and it started but then after a few minutes it died and
everything wouldn't work. No lights nothing will work on it. Does anyone have any ideas
what could be causing this problem and what we can do to get it checked? Without it
even starting. We were told it could be the mass air flow sensor, but would that drain
the battery? Does anyone have any ideas??  Thankyou Kim

104,375

Completely charge the battery and clean all the battery connections including the negative connections on the frame and motor. How long since major tune up(plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, dist cap and rotor(if applicable) ect)?