Hydraulic fan

Asked by Jul 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM

What type of automatic transmission fluid does
it take

Is it at Dex merc Mervin lv

I'm confused by your question. Are you talking about the fluid in the automatic transmission or the fan clutch. If you talking the fan clutch, you don't replace the fluid, you replace the clutch. I can't recommend a transmission fluid because you didn't list the make, year and model of the vehicle.

Bob Beaman

Tom, the Lincoln LS used a hydraulic fan powered by a pump similar to the power steering pump. Use Motorcraft MERCONĀ® Multi-Purpose (ATF) Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX meeting Ford specification MERCONĀ® or equivalent. Please note than Mercon has been discontinued and the replacement is Mercon V. Use this in both the power steering and the hydraulic fan reservoir.