I have a 1997 ford t-bird limited edition and it keeps over heating just when the a/c is on. I changed the t-stat and I'm still having the problem

Asked by Jul 25, 2014 at 09:38 PM

5

I had a 94 tbird started over heating. Have you checked the oil to make sure nothing is mixing?

32,365

How about the radiator? When was the last time you had it flushed? It's 20 years old.maybe it's time for a replacement.

35,825

This may sound crazy but is the fan on backwards? Pull it into someplace with no wind. Put a piece of 8x11 paper on the grill. Does it stay sucked to the grill or does it blow off? This actually happend to my dads buddy. He had a 90's Ford pickup. It overheated whenever he turned on the A/C. Come to find out, the fan was on backwards. His buddy took it to the shop 5 times and nobody could figure it out. My dad walked in front of it and said this thing is like a blast furnace. It's blowing hot air out, instead of sucking cool air in. He fixed it in ten minutes. May not be your problem, but you never know........