was rearended should i settle for 1,400 dollars the cost to repair and what would be totaled out value on 1990 caprice classic loaded and was good condichion

Asked by Sep 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Was hit in rear when I slammed on brakes to avoid three police  cars that ran red light at
very high speed was my fathers car that passed away four months prior to it was in good
shape and is very sentimental to me  testament to fix 1,400  but say totalted out price less I
feel its worth more  need value price before accident thanks for any advice or valuee

254,425

So I have to guess what year it is and how many miles are on it? I say never take the first offer from an insurance agent. Go to www.kbb.com to get a value.