I have opel corsa bakkie 1.4i utility 2004, the problem with the car is, it cut off petrol especially when the Weather is very Hot. And after a long distance. I don't get the problem in cool weather. I have took it in for check up and they found no problem. One machanic told me to let the engine cool for and hour and start to drive again. That seem to help but not for long before it fuel system cut off. But i don't experience the cut off in cool or cold weather. Please help.

Asked by Jan 05, 2014 at 04:26 PM

56,825

Sounds like vapor lock. Check the routing of your fuel lines. Make sure they're properly routed away from the hot exhaust manifold(s). Also if you have a heat riser and/or thermostatically controlled air cleaner make sure they're working correctly as well. Vapor lock occurs when the fuelgets too hot and boils away bbefore it gets to the engine. It's almost unheard of these days but if the fuel system has been worked on a fuel line may have gotten misplaced and is too close to a heat source. HTH. - Jim

130

All the lights on dashboard are on , but the bakkie can't start . Make a shuttering noise

10

Crankshaft position sensor. My friend had the same problem.... If the sensor got to hot it stopped working and the engine would cut out...... Until it cools down and it would start again. When the sensor stops working when it get hot the injectors stops injecting.... Sensor tells ecm when to inject. ,.......faulty sensor no fuel....dead stop