i have an opel corsa 1.4 and it never used to start, i replaced the coil, it starts but now it makes a funy noise like a diesel engine what causes that

Asked by Sep 14, 2015 at 02:36 AM about the 2005 Opel Corsa

my opel corsa 1.4 starts after having the coil replaced but now when I start it it makes a funny noise, like a diesel engine, one mechanic told me it needs to have the gasket and valves replaced, could this be the problem as im not sure

8,630

All you can do with noise over the computer is take suggestions like... eliminate accessories simply by removing drive belts. Listen during a quick run for exhaust related causes, Have a helper try and isolate the source of the noise...air intake noise ? valve cover and with oil cap removed noise, lower end noise, valve train noise ? cannot hear it from here, sorry.