Needing advice!

Asked by Oct 18, 2016 at 02:19 PM

I am stuck with a car payment that I'm not sure I'm
going to be able to continue paying for, as I'm
about to take a pay cut when I change jobs.  What
advice do you have for me to get a cheaper
payment? I have decent credit, but hasn't seemed
to be good enough to get approved for an
older/higher mileage vehicle since the are so much
more difficult to finance, although cheaper.

Be honest with the company and call them and ask what offers do you have and explain the situation most car companies will give you offers for a lower payment rather than repo the car.

I agree with GODpower call them and see what they can do for you, if not try to sell the car fast to pay if off. If you need to keep it, then hide it from the repo man...

Try and refinance the car to get better terms. If you can't do that then sell the car and buy a cheaper one. If you have equity in the car maybe it is enough to buy a car cash. Watch out for leasing as the penalty for going over the mileage is big.