I have 95 s10 4.3...the past few weeks its been driving like it didnt wanna go...like I had to hold the pedal down almost flooring it while driving and it was really hard climbing hills

Asked by Jul 13, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Check engine lights been blinking and really
bad gas mileage. I was driving home from
work the other night and it died amd will not
start.  We have changed spark plugs,
distributor cap, spark plug wires, fuel filter.
Its not the fuel pump,'it didnt jump
time...any ideas? This is our only vehicle at
the time and were stranded! Any help or
ideas are greatly appreciated thanks

56,795

A flashing check engine light is warning you that the engine is misfiring and damaging the catalytic converter. Two things come to mind. Bad fuel injectors and a bad ignition coil. Did you replace the distributor rotor when you replaced the distributor cap? Try spraying starting fluid down the throttle body. If it runs a few seconds on the starting fluid it's a fuel system problem. If not it's an ignition system problem. HTH. -Jim