I am thinking of getting rid of my 1984 Corvette (33,600 miles on it and in excellent shape) and getting a used??? 430SC or a SLK280 or a SLK 350 or 350Z (although I like the idea of a retractable hardtop). I'm in my 60s, so I think I like the creature comforts of a comfortable ride in something that is a sporty convertible. My budge is about $20,000, and the less headaches with repairs, the better. Any suggestions?

Asked by Oct 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM

31,995

THE SLK 350. No reason other than I just like Mercedes.

31,995

Oh and keep the Vette

20,465

Good idea to get rid of the '84 Vette- those first year C4s were notorious for bugs- I guess the low mileage has kept you away from most of it but I bet you still have some stories to tell- but- why a used Mercedes? just spell headaches with a capital H- with 20 grand you could get a nice 20th Century "sporty convertible" that has been gone through and competently restored- the simplicity of the old machines would serve you better- and they will only appreciate as they are not making simple machines anymore-