I am thinking about selling my 2004 GTO. It has not had the luxury of being kept in a garage and the leather is separating in the back seat at the top. Should I put the money into having the seats fixed? Also It could use a new front bumper. I had a slight fender ender and got a less than professional paint job. The clear coat is pealing and faded. Do I fix and then sell or just sell AS IS?

Asked by Jun 23, 2012 at 09:19 PM about the 2004 Pontiac GTO Coupe

It currently has 107,000 miles

232,815

Tough question. My opinion on this is that you'll spend quite a bit of money to have the seats, a new bumber, and new paint job and you'll never get the money back out when it's time to sell. The min I would do is fix the bumper. Sell it with the original faded paint and worn seats. This would be considered normal wear and tear. Then trade in or sell.

2,875

if it had very low mileage, it would be worth fixing before selling, however, it has over a 100k miles so sell it as is as you wont recoup your expenses in fixing it

35

It depends on how much you are looking to sell it for. Not knowing that actual condition of your car, its prob worth $8,000-$10,000 with the miles it has. I have a 2005 gto with only 62,000 miles and my back seats and front bumper have the exact same problems yours does. I agree with the two other answers, its prob best to sell it as is. Leaving something for the next owner to work on is not always a bad thing.

7,175

do a search on how to fix those seats yourself. its really quite simple to repair and its a common problem on these cars. leave the front bumper alone for selling though.

45

If there's no serious scratches anywhere in the paint, fixing the bumper, seat, and paint might be a worth while investment. You have a nice car. Make it look that way and you'll get a fair price.