Okey my 92chevy1500 two wheel drive automatic 5.7 had intake manifold leak took it to autoshop to get repaired. Well now they tell me something is shorting out my prong in the computer. It always ra.

Asked by Aug 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Help pls

94,965

Ask them what wire they pinched inside the manifold. Easy to do if your not careful.

67,305

The PROM (Programmable Read Only Memory) plugs directly into the computer on OBD I GM vehicles. It's nowhere near the intake manifold. Sounds like maybe they didn't disconnect the negative (-) battery cable before they started the job and fried the computer. The PROM transfers to the new computer when you replace the computer. If the computer is fried the PROM should still be good. HTH. -Jim