will a ford focus se run okay with a computer that is not from the ford dealer?

Asked by Apr 30, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I have a 2000 ford focus se. the computer needed replacing 1 1/2 months ago so i bought a new computer from napa auto parts. i took the car and computer to the local ford dealer who flashed the computer. i now need a reflash on the computer according to my mechanic. I called the ford dealer and they said that i may need to replace the computer with a ford computer. is this true or can the computer in the car now be reflashed?

246,525

I'm sure you can get the new one to work properly, either the dealer or your mechanic should step up. I wouldn't buy a new one from Ford, if you have to , purchase a used one with the correct part number and take the one from Napa back (if you can).