If you had an opportunity to buy a 2000 VW beetle for $2200 that had 151,000 miles on it and had been repainted, new headliner, new tires, new catalytic converter, and a new timing belt but needed a new radiator, would you buy it? Also, the A/C isn't running cold - is this related to the radiator/coolant issues or could it be the condenser going bad?

Asked by Apr 13, 2014 at 07:09 PM

210,105

Nope. The new Beetles have plenty of electrical gremlins. Plus that car needs more work other than that, The $2 K will add up to $5K in a hurry.

485

yeah i wouldnt buy it either.for a little more money you could buy something that needs less work.

965

I would run, not walk from that car. the 1999-2002 had serious quality control issues that even the dealer can't figure out. If you need parts, and you will, remember you aren't the only one and it could take weeks if not months to get what you need. I've owned VW cars a couple of bugs, a Dasher, a 411 and finally a 1981 Rabbit. The dealers suck from VA to Boston and I wouldn't tryst any of them with my daughters battery powered toy beetle. I do have to say my favorites were the Bugs, and the 411. The rest were more sophisticated drivers, but the 76 Rabbit and 81 Rabbit were awful.