How can I get OBD codes for it won't start , what can I do to have had the battery disconnected?

Asked by Apr 13, 2012 at 04:33 AM

I have been working on a vehicle that had a check engine light, but will no longer start at all, during the process of trying to fix it I disconnected the battery, which reset the OBD codes. When I scan the computer it says no codes, I know there are codes, but I don't know if I can get them back without actually driving the vehicle and it currently won't start.

you will have to get to car to start before u'll get em back. you always check codes first so these situations don't happen. you can use the data only screen to see what is going on with the vehicle when you're trying to start it. if its not starting...is it turning over? if so it has a fuel, fire, or timing issue. what kind of car? Chrysler's have an asd(auto shutdown) relay that will keep a car from starting. You can do that by yourself: ========= www.xcardiag.com=========