How can I get a security code for my VW Cabrio? I had a new battery installed and now it won't start.

Asked by Sep 05, 2014 at 10:45 PM about the 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

After I had a new battery put in my 1998 VW Cabrio, it is asking for a security code.  How can I get this code?

66,505

Threw a volkswagen dealer,they have to reflash it,and pull the code.This is done to protect your car,from theft.

66,505

Then they will set key code back to ecm.

On my Acura, the previous owner wrote it in the owners Manual but I didn't know it and called the dealership....they were able to give me a 4 digit code to reset.....I'm sure they get those inquiries all the time.

My mom bought a 2002 Volkswagen cabrio and we replaced the battery and the ingonition coil and the spark plug and wires and know it died on her while she was driving it and the flashers will come on when we start it and they will go off after a while but then come back on again and we can't figure out why if any one can help it would be much appreciated and we were told that is was the security system but we r not sure