Can't get any fire in my Pathfinder. I have checked distributer cap, coil, plugs, wiring, and power transister. It will roll over but won't run. I had it running one day for a while, and now it won't go. At the end of my rope ready to call the junk guy. Any ideas on what I can check out next?

5

Asked by Sep 18, 2007 at 06:51 PM about the 1992 Nissan Pathfinder

I have checked distributer cap, coil, plugs, wiring, relays and power transister. It will roll over but won't run. I had it running one day for a while, and now it won't go. I'm at the end of my rope, and ready to call the junk guy. Any ideas on what I can check out next to try before I junk it?  

3,135

See if it has a crankshaft or camshaft sensor or an ignition module and pickup coil on Autozone.com.

Check to see if getting fuel .take off fuel line .turn on key..make sure it isn't got old gas in tank to from sitting..my 92 pathfinder..it was fuel injectors clogged from sitting..probably yours to..only takes couple months with ethanol Obama gas..eBay..remanufactured fuel injectors $130...way cheaper..was my prob...if u getting gas out fuel line and u firing..its injectors. ..guaranteeit...ggood luck..email me let me no....jomabug@gmail.com also don't call junk Man..let me no if u getting rid of k

needs a new coil # cmt 2301

i own two patherfinders 98 99 and both have destroyed the bearing in the bottom of the distributor. I was able to buy a replacement from my auto parts store with a seal. When the bearing goes it spreads metal shards all over the underside of the coil and grounds out and melts thru the housing. They often appear to be ok but are FKd'd. They do not sell the coil in North America they want you to buy a whole distributor for $1000.00 I did some searching and fount the part number for the coil (CMT-2301) which I was able to buy on ebay for $23.00. It has happened to both my pathfinders. once where the bearing failed and once it was only the coil that failed. it can all easily be done with a phillips screw driver.

I have a 91 Nissan pathfinder it is firing but injectors not fire please help