p0340 code problem

5

Asked by Jul 26, 2011 at 01:23 AM about the Dodge Neon

I have changed the cam sensor,lasted 2 days and same code came up again. I talked to shop and said the crank sensor in in same ciurcut,so i changed it. That lasted 3 days the car was running great ,then same problem again. could it be dround or wires to sensors ?

295

I would inspect the wiring to the sensors. I had the same problem and codes come up and it was bare wires shorting out in the connectors.

10

All Chrysler products share this emissions system. One of the biggest problem with this code is due to sensors that are attached to high temperature parts like the engine oil pressure switch. Wit so much heat being transferred to the sensors, they cause the delicate seals in this sensors to seep oil thru. To repair this codes Po440,and PO441 Check to see if there is oil showing oil at the connectors engine oil pressure switch, cam sensor, power steering pressure sensor. if you see oil at any of this sensors the second connector from the top down at the engine control module will be saturated oil. in this case, my suggestion is to replace all the sensors at the same time being that they were all installed at the same time when the car was built. This will eliminate the sure failure of another sensor as it has happened to me. Oil will also collect at the purge valve electrical connector. The valve is located at the end of the steering tube just behind the differential housing. I hope this will help you eliminate the engine light. It also caused the engine to idle smoother. Now my car passes NYS inspection. This codes have nothing to do with transmission problems being that the transaxle uses a different computer