battery light is on

Asked by May 10, 2010 at 12:14 PM about the Dodge Intrepid

Look this is my problem my battery is not getting a charge all I'm useing is battery power,Now I've took out my alt and had it checked out it is good,I've checked for lose wiring I found some I fixed,I ran a new wire from bat to alt still no charged I took it to autozone to get checked out 12.3 cracking power thats it. I need 13 to 14 amps.I keep my bat on charger when I am home I have second bat that I have to keep in the trunk of my car ,because my car will stop on me as soon as the bat is down in power while I'm driving crazy huh. anyway the battery I have are good I think I have short some were because my is being drained and not getting any charge. Now I did get a read out from autozone and they told me that my battery temp sensor is too low and something about my intake air temp circuit has a problem i don't no,but I do no that my oil pressure sensor looks bad and the wiring.I'm not getting a charge can you please help me

3,335

Dependent on the year mopar, not sure if yours falls in the range, but the alternator charging output is PCM (Powertrain Control Module) controlled. The PCM takes into account multiple sensors information when dictating its charging state for the battery to the alternator. One of these inputs is the battery temperature sensor, which if the parts house scanned and said is bad could be the reason your perfectly operating alternator is not charging the battery. Id also go as far to check the 140a alternator fuse which is also likely to be blown, also causing a no charge condition.

35

Check the connection at your JUMP START points. It could be loose or corroded

10

i would like to know what you found out, have the same problem w 93

I am curious if that 140a fuse was your issue.. I have a 2003 Ram 1500 Van 3.9L Initially - Check Gauges Came On - Voltage was at 0 (typically 14v strong.. turned off and on while moving.. jumped to 14v again.. drops to 12v 11.5v check gauges comes on.. thought voltage regulator in alternator.. changed it found spring tensioner bad.. alt was good.. battery good.. replaced tensioner was needed.. but now never goes to 14v .. hovers at 12v ish.. then check gauges drops to 0v again.. grounds look good... I am about the check that fuse next.. curious if that was your issue too, as I am pulling out my hair.. any input would be appreciated.... (I do keep getting error 'Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical' ODBII _) doubt that is related?

I want to thank everyone on this forum. I had a new starter installed after it died and I installed a new battery myself. Then a week later my battery warning light came on. I immediately thought alternator but decided to come to this chat site first.. Long story short it was just a blown fuse to the to the SSR control. One 20 amp fuse and car is fixed.. THANKS FOR SAVING ME $100 plus for the new alternator and all the time to install it..