MY 2000 DODGE INTREPID'S BATTERY LIGHT IS COMING ON AND OFF. WHEN IT COMES ON AND STAYS ON THE CAR WILL DRIVE ABOUT 2 MILES AND THEN I BEGIN TO LOOSE POWER AND CAR DIES. THE ALTERNATOR & BATT. TEST OK

Asked by Dec 15, 2011 at 03:21 PM about the 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES

alternator and battery test good, but the battery light comes on and then i can drive about 2 miles before i begin to loose power. the car never actually dies, but when i pull over and turn it off i need a jump to get it started. i just replaced the battery in september. what could be the problem other than the alternator. i don't want to tear the engine open if there is a simpler problem.

25

If the battery & alternator output have both been confirmed to be good,it must be a bad ground cable. Check both battery cables for security & check the main black ground cable for corrosion on either end.There may be several other grounds from engine/transmission to the body,make sure these are all good & replace where required.

I check the battery ground its okay

I heard check the battery ground is OK