I got a 94 Chevrolet s10, 4.3 TBI.starts fine.i pull out the driveway.its automatic. it changes to 2nd gear.as I give a little gas.its starts to sputter like.if I barely let off of it , cleares up

Asked by Apr 22, 2014 at 07:55 AM about the Chevrolet Blazer

20

I chased the same stalling issues on my 94 blazer and the problems came from 3 different areas. The check engine light DOESN'T always come on to show there's a problem. Make sure there's fuel supply to the Throttle Body Injectors. Check the Manifold Pressure Sensor (MAP) and the pig tail wire connector, They fail with heat and age - Check the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) and pig tail wire connector. They also fail with heat and age. Have the electronic pick up in the distributer checked. It can cause the engine to stall when you try to give it gas.This is a known GM problem with these 4.3's.

Bro.the clip took out 70% of the sputter. Awesome ty.i notice the button in the cap was black.so I cleaned off the contact point.i haven't check the MAP.....doss the button just come off the distibuter, or is it one piece????? I might need cap an button as well.you was dead on it.i seen you asked the same question before. You are the key master...lol

a bad icm can also cause fuel and spark problems making it run bad. had to replace one mine i bought it with fuel issues replaced the entire fuel system then one day it lose fuel totally again turns out half the icm can burn out the part that control's fuel. now it runs like a new truck.

I have a 88 s10 an I can run around 55 no problems but when I get on the interstate an get to 60 an 70 it boggs down backfires an want to die when I push gas half was then I back out on pedal it stops an I lose power stalls an when pusing gas it wants to die on hill then I get to top of hill it will go back up to 70 again no problem then another lil hill backs fires an slows down an no power then stalls an back fires put new distributer the whole thing cap button an all got it in time an still does it new egr an new icv spark plugs wires ect what can cause this