where does fuel injectors get noid from

Asked by Mar 18, 2013 at 01:38 PM about the Chevrolet Beretta

I have a 96 Beretta died going down the road, it has feul pressure and spark but wont fire off, i havent checked noid yet but fuse 1 is good, what gives these injectors noid

there is a fuel distributor as this pressure has to be metered to each individual injector...the pressure has to be correct, and if your system's filters are choked with rust-dust this makes the pump even harder. by 'noid I guess you're meaning solenoid, and no it's off of the fuel distributor-

I guess the full 3000 psi is put to all injectors...at all times now, and isn't a mechanical distribution going on here, but the electrial (no moving parts) switching the pulses to the injectors...clever, aren't they?

the wonky Bosch jet-tronic worked, but is an illustration of how to issue complexity where none is required, just a measure of control, that until that time of the Jetronic had not evolved to the sophistication that it is today.

by noid I mean the test light that flashes with pulse width

98,125

The injectors are plugged into the fuel rail. The ECU sends an electrical signal to the injector solenoid to open it and spray fuel. The amount of fuel sprayed depends on how long the injector is held open. You won't find any fuel injector fuses.

I realise that, it has good spark, and pressure is in spec but wont start

the timing belt has jumped a tooth or silent cam out of position firing at the wrong time? was someone monkeyin' with it?