I have A Chevy Berretta 4CL. Auto. it has A damaged front Passenger side wheel bearing can I drive it until I get paid in 2 weeks.

Asked by Feb 14, 2014 at 02:31 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Coupe

Needs new Whell bearing on front passenger side  , can I drive it for 2 weeks  until i get paid. It sounds like its sliping , can it be tighten or ajusted. auto 4CL LS 2.2

Rob Jones

Does it make a popping or grinding sound when turning left and right or just left? describe the sound you hear.

Best Answer

Rob , I thought I needed new brakes, a mech. said the cap. sounded like it was sticking, another sound I heard was it sounded like something was sliping like A capiler or something anyway i kept hearing something when I put on the brake like something was sliping or needed to be tighten like it was sliping counter clockwise every once in A while. I just had A lower control arm and bushing put on the passenger side and bushing on the control arm on the right side. I was hearing A popping sound then the control arm on the passenger popped out from the bushing the first mech. I found looked at it but did not say anything about wheel bearing or differ.- wrench - ol ( I did not know how to spell it) so could I still drive it for two weeks. Could A control arm poping out cause A wheel bearing problem or A problem with the diff.

Rob Jones

The control arm being loose will affect steering and suspension. Wheel bearing problems would not be caused by the control arm problem. If the noise is only when you put on the brakes then it is probably not your wheel bearing. "Popping" noises can be caused by a bad CV axle. You should take it to a tire store and ask for a pre-alignment and brake check they will do it for free because they want to sell you an alignment and brake job. They will point out everything they can find that needs fixed before the brakes and alignment can be done.

Can I drive it for two weeks or until I get paid again?