i have a 1991 3.1L beretta and i can't find the starter, where is it?

25

Asked by Mar 06, 2008 at 06:26 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Beretta

my haynes book doesn't say where it is...only how to take it out and i cant find it anywhere on my own

6,485

under the car, drivers side middle bottom of engine

25

sweet thnx

6,485

Under the car you will see where the engine and tranny are bolted together, It will be towards the front of the engine, at the front of your haynes manual (a few pages in) it shows a "top" view of your engine, one page more and it shows a "underside" shot. you can see the starter in that pic

40,255

It's partially hidden on these engines by the exhaust manifold in the front. It was a tight squeeze on my '89 Century with the 3.3L engine to get the starter disconnected, and you had to pull it out just so in order to clear the exhaust manifold.