1998 plymouth breeze, replaced water pump, timing belt and thermostat, about 3 week s ago, now when I turn on Ac it starts to run hot? what could be the problem now? also the horn is stuck, blows like

10

Asked by Jun 10, 2013 at 01:04 PM about the Plymouth Breeze

after replacing all that why is it running hot

I suspect your radiator http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Plymouth/Breeze/CSF/Radia tor/1998/CSF2511.html? apwcid=productads&003=27846857&010=apwCSF25111998plbrra&gcl id=CJPt84n92bcCFeU-MgodCgcAFw

...famous problem embarrassing when you own a Mercedes-Benz

I believe on your model...yes there are two electric fans...should be comin' on when the A/C is engaged...you could make sure they come on when operating temperature is reached...believe this electric fan has it's on thermostatic switch independent of the one the computer uses~

If fans do not work there is a cooling fan relay drivers front framerail. You will need jackstands (saftey first) remove plastic sheilding about three inches to the drivers side of radiator bottom there should be a small flat square w a three wire connector w a red plastic lock slide thin side of lock to one side squeeze plug DO NOT PULL ON WIRES connector only two 8mm screws secure it to frame. Reverse to install. Also this cars engine is higher than radiator air pockets can develope in head creating over heating condition.

Mitsubishi has some cars that have the four cyl that are dodge engines 2.0 run reverse of dodge this pump fins are reverse thus a low or no flow of coolant. These pumps look identical out of the box. Other than the direction of pump fins.

10

the fans are working, drove to shop let run while ac was on didnt over heat, but today drove it without ac and gauge started rising, so I put on heat, and it went back, down. mechanic suspects its the radiator, also smelt a lil anti freeze? ty

Did you fill the coolant resouvir to "fill hot"??

..check the fuse box, under the hood and side panel driver side