I have just recently purchased a 1998 Plymouth Breeze. It has started dying on me no matter what speed or if I'm stopped or not. i know its not the battery or the alternator. What can it be?

Asked by Jan 02, 2015 at 05:47 AM about the 1998 Plymouth Breeze

My son changed the oil and flushed
the oil.  He replaced a censor on it
that cost $100. to get it to run for us.  
And he put on a new fuel pump.

4,015

Hi does the vehicle start right back up when it does stall out??...// do you know which sensor was replaced ...it could be a number of things from a dirty throttle body with a sticking IAC motor (Idle air control) ..to a bad map sensor or a bad throttle position sensor or a bad cam sensor or crank sensor ...I just remembered something have your son look at the harness that goes to the throttle body there are four wires that go to the IAC motor ....these four wires drive the motor forward and back to adjust the engine speed for different loads and to keep it running at a certain rpm ...does the engine flare up on start up...and then slowly come down this is controlled by the IAC...// what happens over time is heat from the engine fuses these wires together and induces the voltage sent over to drive the IAC motor..in other words the voltage is sent out and finds a ground through the other wires and does not move the motor...what has to be done is the harness removed and the wires separated and taped up .....//then do a battery disconnect for ten seconds to relearn the PCM sensor values this will make it run rough a few times on start up but run the engine for 20 mins and restart it do this at least four times..hopefully this will help