what do I need to tow my Baja behind a motorhome?

Asked by Mar 25, 2013 at 07:52 AM about the Subaru Baja

2007 Subaru Baja

A good way to tow your Baja is with a tow~bar that lifts the front wheels off the ground. My Dad towed his Baja behind his PaceArrow for years, that's why I am responding to your question, I have a bit of experience with this very thing. I do not recall the manufacturer, but there are brackets that bolt on the front of the VW to hook up the tow bar, which when not in use can be stowed easily in the "trunk" in the front of the Baja, it will fit nicely, it comes with a little hand crank winch that lifts the front end up just off the road, that also is detachable and fits nice and neat in the front of the VW or even in one of the storage compartments of the motor home. Having the wheels up make for much better towing, but a couple things to beware of: While driving, you can not see the Baja in the mirrors of the motor home hardly at all, only the very back of the VW. You must be very careful backing up, it will jackknife before you know it. We had to replace the front fenders several time over the years b/c of that. I will try to find the manufacturer ..meantime, happy motoring!

Oops, I see Subaru..I was thinking VW but no difference in my answer. They make them for any vehicle

Ok the best place to look is http://www.adventurerv.net/blue-tow-bars-c-27_109_169_175.html... they include the tail light and brake light turn signal kits with the tow bars, you must have that,,,,,then there is http://www.rvtoystore.com/towingmadeeasy.html.....http://roadmasterinc.com/...

3,785

Your Baja need to be either flat towed or towed on a flatbed trailer. Do not put it on a dolly or have the wheels on uneven contact with the road. That will destroy the center differential in your transmission.

There is no such thing as a 2007 Baja.