i need help

15

Asked by Jul 08, 2010 at 07:22 PM about the Ford Explorer

i just got a set of fog lights i was trying to hook them up to my stock fog light i tuched to wiers to gether an now my  fog lights dont work i looked at all the fuse's an the swich works dous any one no whats wrong with my light you can text me at 540 359 2470 or right me back on here any help would be nice

you probley blew a fuse,best way to hook them up is hook to the low beam wire on your headlights,just skin back on the wire and tie into it ,tape around it,left to left,right to right,then ground them,use a test light to see if you did blow a fuse,if you touched the wires and got a spark you did blow a fuse.

15

i was trying to tie in to the two wiers that come up from the fog lights an i had skinend bouth of them an they tuched on me there was no spark just a pop an now the little light on the dash 4 the frog light dont come on an the fog lights dont come on

10,235

You either blew a fuse or fried the switch.

I think i said that,along with a better way to hook them up.

10,235

And your point being what? I agreed with your comment that he could have blown a fuse... I also stated the switch may have been fried as well (which you did not mention)...

10,235

And 2nd (since you brought it up)... Hooking them up to the low beams is not a better way... It is incredibly lazy and puts an excess load on the headlight switch. The proper way they should be hooked up is on an independent switch.. This will save many headaches down the road..

3,065

i agree with michael,an indepandent swich his your best way,but if u do hook them up to low beams the proper way to do it is to use relays.there a bit more complicated to hook up but worth it.that way u wont overload your low beam swich and the wires wont get hot.