ok i need help

215

Asked by Oct 04, 2008 at 12:39 AM

i have a 1941 ford pick up and it has a 390 that comes with it and a c6 auto and i want to know should i restore or should i turn it into a street rod

8,325

How original is it... Interior,exterior, wheels, drivetrain... Do you have documentation? If it's a complete undocumented rotted out POS then hot rod it, unless you have a sentimental attachment tot the car.

215

well i havent seen it so i dont know what kind of condition its in it was given to me by a friend but ive been thinking of hot roding it

8,325

Well, generally speaking, you'll never get the money out of it you put into it on a hot rod, it's more for personal enjoyment. So don't think of it as an investment if you plan to hot rod it. You have a better chance of atleast breaking even with a restored car, but even then you'll likely never get the money you put into it back. Restored cars though will increase in value over time much faster than a hot rod, generally at least... Basically plan on having it for at least a good amount of time, in which case do what will make you happier...