car randomly starts

Walter Pankey

Asked by Nov 19, 2014 at 07:50 PM about the Geo Prizm

sometimes my 94 1.6 geo prizm won't start. it doesn't turn over. eventhough i have
power.   it wouldn't turn for two days, all the sudden it started. then wouldn't start the
rest of the day. next morning it started. it goes through this again and again. it can
start for a month, then decide not to start randomly. now i noticed that my radio display
goes off when i try and crank it. it still starts sometimes. just who knows when.
random. i can wait five minutes and it will crank up or i could wait seemingly forever.

Sometimes starters can have a "dead" spot on the armature. Very frustrating indeed. If this is your problem, starter must be rebuilt.