Will not start

20

Asked by Jan 26, 2014 at 07:55 PM about the Toyota Paseo

No power will not start put in a new fuel pump new rotary and rotary cap newspark plugs
new ignition coil and no power

33,545

Did you put in a new battery? When you say "no power" do you mean dead as in turn the key and nothing happens? Check your fuses under the hood. There are a couple of big 30 amp fuses for the engine. If one of those blew out, you will have zero power.

20

Hi thanks yes it has a new battery and yes it cranks but does not start those fuses which one you think will not let the car start

33,545

If the car is cranking over, I don't think it's your fuse. Usually they have a clear window in them so you can see if it's blown out.There should be a diagram on the inside of your fuse box cover. Sounds like you are not getting fuel, or no spark. Pull off one of your wires and see if you have a good arc. If so, I would then check for fuel. Was the car running before? You may have installed a faulty fuel pump or coil.

20

Thanks for your reply yes it has a new fuel pump and new ignition coil and yes when I pulled one plug out to see if any sparks nothing that's the confusing thing about all of this

20

The way this happened was the car was running ok and all of the sudden in the mourning when it went to start nothing

33,545

If you pulled the wire and you have no spark, then that new coil has failed on you. I would bolt the old coil back on and see if the car fires up again.

20

Will do that and will post back

25

Did you ever get your issue resolved? If so, please post. Many other people may experience the same thing you had and come here to look for answers, I know I did.