Mp3 jack hook-up

65

Asked by Feb 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM about the Buick Reatta

I have a 1989 that I listen to my Mp3 player by using a cassette adapter. Problem is I get engine and alternator noise and I have to turn the volume up copared to just listening to the radio.
Question is what wires would I hook up an auxillary jack to plug directly into

If it's still the stock radio I would change it. The interference is due to using the adapter. I'd get a radio with the aux input on the front of it and then an audio cable to use the mp3 player. The older stock radios I've used that way just sucked.

10

The radio in an 89 Reatta is not replaceable. It uses the "visual information center" which controls radio, climate and trip computer on a touchscreen CRT in the dash. Removing that means giving up your AC and heat too