1990 buick reatta the idle wont back down on level surface run it up to say 28-30 mph let off gas and it will very slowly drop to 24-25 and hold until I hit breaks---been told could be throttle linkage,idle control,tps ---any other suggestions----3800 buick 6 cyl motor auto,185000 miles starts fine and idle is smooth at 7-800 rpm

Kathy Crager

Asked by Jun 01, 2013 at 05:01 PM about the 1990 Buick Reatta 2 Dr STD Coupe

please have your diagnostic codes read by manny moe or jack will do it for free and tell us what they say please...If I guess will be a tarnished fool...best let us know NAPA, Kragen, Oreilly, Advance all will send a guy out with his expensive scanny tool he's been dying to use for FREE~

just no stoppin' me sometimes~

you know it is largely a matter of where man meets machine, the machine wears out even if an optical device, there will be pivot points that go "crumbly" over time and create failure...take a look at your ignition switch after all these miles...bet a guy could jam a flat blade screwdriver into the ignition and turn if he wanted a free car~

Jason Zane

new tires? how is your tire pressure??.. if i had it at 32 psi + it would roll that strongly. like i had overdrive really pulling. also.....800 rpms are just a tad high for this engine. 650-700s are norm. is your vaccuum lines old? replace those old rubber lines.