2004 Volkswagen Passat wont start?

Asked by Mar 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM about the Volkswagen Jetta

My 2004 Volkswagen passat 1.8 sat all winter, I had to jump it this week and then I
charged it that entire night, it started fine the next day and got me to and from work. I
started it a day later and nothing, no lights turned on and no sounds. I got my battery
and alternator checked and both were fine. Also while my battery was charging the first
night, my horn started going off and my lights, we un hooked the battery at that time.
Today on the way to get the battery and alternator checked out the interior lights
starting coming on and off and the left blinker wouldn't shut off, it even happened when
the car was shut off completely but instead the exterior lights were coming on. What
could this be?

3,065

when you have voltage problems anything can happen. you need to check the battery cables and the battery first. check also your alternator to see if it works properly. I have had cases where the battery is damaged but when i check the battery it seems fine. so if you have another battery test it on the car. you can also read the codes lloking for triggered codes of voltage. post update to help more

Thank You!! I will double check the alternator and battery again. Today I hooked up the battery again and drove it to work, the left head light and left blinker stayed lit the entire drive and even when I shut the car off but only those two lights, so I had to once again take the ground wire off the battery while I worked and when I hooked it back up it started just fine but those two lights were on as soon as I turned the car back on. Also notices every time I came to a stop my interior lights would come on and then shut off..

3,065

The thing is that you have things that don't have anything to do with each other working odd, so I suppose that it is only one problem. If everything was working correctly before that is the logic thing to think, that it is a common issue, so check first everything that has to do with common ground and battery and start from there...