I have a 1971 super

Asked by Aug 12, 2015 at 07:59 PM about the Volkswagen Super Beetle

I have a 1971 super and I had her running but when I was baking out of the garage it
would stall then got her started again left to idle, and parked.  Next day I tried to start her
and nothing no lights no sounds,

65,565

Bad battery,of connection at it,and all so check the fuse,s.

Best Answer
94,925

Bug's have always had an iffy battery and cable setup, too tall of a battery and it shorts on the seat springs, grommets wear out and the cables short on the pan, poor grounding. Not to mention the charging system. So recharge the battery, check the clearances and the cable routing, then check the charging system for proper operation.

Both of your answers were spot on our battery had a weak cell in it and could not activate the car at all checked it with another battery and it fired right up. Just another thing is the white wires on the tail lights the reverse lights? and what is the secret of hooking up the gas gauge I got a new sending unit and a new gauge and i still cant make the gauge say full! (lucky the gas tank is where it is because right now my gauge is a dowell!)

Does any one know how the front defroster is piped in? I got the electrical just need a pic of the defroster hoses.