I have a 71 VW Super Beetle. It's been sitting for 2 years. I need a good mechanic ASAP

5

Asked by May 13, 2011 at 04:35 AM about the 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle

It wont start. bought a new battery for it. had a mechanic look at it said it was a small easily repairable part. I called again and he was unavailable due to family emergancy it's been 6 months. help please. I live in orange county California

70

aARE YOU MECHANICALLY LITERATE?? IF YOU WANT TO DO IT YOURSELF I SUGGEST THE "IDIOT" BOOK.. IT HAS LEAD ME THRU EVERYTHING...STEP BY STEP....STARTING WITH TELLING YOU WHICH END OF THE VW IS THE FRONT AND WHERE THE ENGINE IS... FIRST THING IS TO REBUILD THE CARB...CLEAN EVERYTHING...CHECK PLUGS AND TIMING...CHARGE UP THE BATTERY...SAY A FEW CHOICE WORDS...THEN CRANK.. GOOD LUCK

5

I don't really have time to work on it myself but id like too. Where can I buy this bookk?

70

"HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGON ALIVE..A STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR THE COMPLETE IDIOT"...JUST ABOUT ANY GOOD BOOK STORE...OR EBAY...AMAZON...IT'S WRITTEN IN LAYMAN'S TERMS SO EASY TO FOLLOW AND FUNNY...LUCK...JZBUG

Best Answer Mark helpful
5

Thanks man much appreciated