I have a 1971 VW Super Beetle with the pull cable to open the fuel door. The pull handle came off with the metal pin. How can I fix it and for now get it open so I can get gas!

20

Asked by Aug 13, 2014 at 09:35 PM about the 1971 Volkswagen Super Beetle

The pull handle broke away with a 2" metal pin. Inside the hole I can see the end of the cable. There's a rubber grommet or piece on it.

41,185

If you can still see the cable, I would get a small pair of needle nose vise grips and see if you can get a bite on it. If you can, try to get a couple wraps around the pliers, then try to get a bite on the curl. Hopefully, that will enable you to pull it hard enough to open the door. Start checking ebay for a replacement cable.

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

Thank you. I appreciate the answer to my problem

20

Another question. I receiced my new release cable with handle from ebay today. Could anyone explain exactly how to take the ole one out and install the new one? Thanks